~WELCOME~

I have manifested Bipolar behaviours since early teenhood (even childhood), but was only officially diagnosed in 2007.

Some would say having a diagnosis is like rubber stamping all poor behaviour, but I feel it is to the contrary. Knowing what I am up against and accepting my limitations has given me the freedom to pursue a more normal life with the people I love, doing the things I love, and most important - I am better able to serve the Saviour I love.

It is my hope and prayer that this blog is an encouragement to those with Bipolar and an educational tool to those who suffer through it with a loved one.


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Very Good Explaination with Videos

For those not familiar with Bipolar disorder, I have included a link to a very good website. There are clear explainations and real life people giving their testimonies regarding living with Bipolar Disorder.

Don't let this information scare you. You can't manage something you don't recognize. If ever there was something to face head-on, this is it.

Pay close attention to Kay Jamieson's admonition regrding regular sleep and finding activities that bring joy. Ms Jamieson is a psychiatrist who suffers Bipolar Disorder, to the point of psychosis. She has s book, which I highly recommend to anyone who is either newly diagnosed, or who thinks you can cure Bipolar Disorder. The book is "An Unquiet Mind" You will never be the same after you read it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment