~WELCOME~

I have manifested Bipolar behaviours since early teenhood (even childhood), but was only officially diagnosed in 2007.

Some would say having a diagnosis is like rubber stamping all poor behaviour, but I feel it is to the contrary. Knowing what I am up against and accepting my limitations has given me the freedom to pursue a more normal life with the people I love, doing the things I love, and most important - I am better able to serve the Saviour I love.

It is my hope and prayer that this blog is an encouragement to those with Bipolar and an educational tool to those who suffer through it with a loved one.


Monday, August 30, 2010


I've been unplugged for a while, but I'm back :)

My aunt sent me this e-mail, and I thought it was really cute. Normally, I wouldn't post something like this, but it was a good reminder that ALL God's creatures need a little respite! 


Older dogs...God bless them!
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.
I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly 
that he had a home and was well taken care of. 

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats 
on his head; 
he then followed me into my house, 
slowly walked down the hall, 
curled up in the corner 
and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. 

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, 
walked inside and resumed
his spot in the hall again 
slept for about an hour. 
This continued off and on for several weeks. 
                      
Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to 
find out 
who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is          
and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon 
your dog comes 
to my house for a nap.' 

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note
 
pinned to his collar: 
'He lives in a home with 6 children, 
2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up
on his sleep. May I come with him tomorrow?'

Just a cute reminder that sometimes we just need to retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment